Our Directors who represent the consortium comprising different supplementary schools
We are a consortium of African and African Caribbean-led supplementary schools, social providers, cultural providers and educational providers from across the Greater Manchester area. Our consortium consists of Highway Hope Supplementary schools, Grace Incorporation Faith Trust (GIFT), Highway Hope Social Enterprise, Strategies To Elevate People (STEP), Twilight School at MMU and Nurturing Foundations.
More details, click here.
We want to promote education and life-long learning as key drivers for urban regeneration.
To form a growing hub of Supplementary Schools across Manchester.
Our hub of supplementary schools has ten areas of focus:
- To share teaching, capital and human resources across the hub
- To focus on teaching core curriculum subjects (English, Maths and Sciences)
- To use digital, media and creative industries education and training as a medium for teaching core curriculum subjects
- To provide high quality academically relevant enrichment (extra-curricular) activities across the hub
- To support volunteer teachers across the hub with their Continuing Professional Development and Initial Teacher Training
- To form partnerships with various educational, cultural and social providers so that the hub can strengthen its educational provision within the communities it serves
- To open two culturally inclusive Free Schools
To expand our programme of Lifelong Learning initiatives
- To mentor in employability and enterprise skills
- To develop education and enterprise programmes
- To form partnerships with various social enterprises so that the hub can strengthen its employability and lifelong learning provision within the communities it serves